The Village Tree
The Village Tree. The background for this piece are radio schematics from the 1950s. I glue them onto wood and paint on top of them. Inspired by the way I use the romance comics in that series, I left the schematic completely exposed and only painted the animals and objects so that the schematic is a more active part of the piece.
- The bird in the lower left corner is painted on a 1/2" block of wood and attached as a 3d element to the piece.
- Reads beautifully both from across the room and up close. Find new details to discover in it every day!
- Made entirely with archival materials so its fresh vibrant colors won’t fade or decay; a piece to treasure your whole life.
- The piece comes framed and wired, ready to hang.
- Mixed media: wood, found objects, acrylic paint
48" wide x 37" high
RATE SHIPPING $575. At checkout, choose Large Art Flat Rate option