Flirting at the Roller Rink
Flirting at the Roller Rink. Layering 1960s romance comics with white paint, I use negative space to make images of couples. Throughout the series, I explore the psychological complexity & beauty of modern day relationships. The comics represent the backstory that we all bring to each of our relationships and the negative space symbolizes assumptions & projections that form the outlines of our relationships.
- Reads beautifully both from across the room and up close. Find new details to discover in it every day!
- Made entirely with archival materials so its fresh vibrant colors won’t fade or decay; a piece to treasure your whole life.
- The roller skaters are 3 dimensional, floating off the background by 1/2" (see detail photo). It has a glossy non-yellowing varnish so that the finish on the 3-dimensional elements contrast with the satin finish on the background.
- The piece comes framed and wired, ready to hang.
- Mixed media: wood, found objects, acrylic paint, aluminum
48" wide x 37" high
FLAT RATE SHIPPING $430 (at checkout, choose Large Art Flat Rate option)