Role Reversal Bird
Role Reversal Bird. The background for this piece are radio schematics from the 1950s. I glue them onto wood add large amounts of texture and paint on top of them. Sometimes, I cover the schematic completely and wipe the paint away in certain places so the schematic peeks through.
This piece is called Role Reversal because the bird is large, free and holds the key to the cage while the man is tiny and locked inside. He's also on his phone so the piece is simultaneously a bit of commentary about how we can get trapped by our technology.
- 3d elements abound on this piece in the form of found objects and an artist-made bird cage.
- Reads beautifully both from across the room and up close. Find new details to discover in it every day!
- Made entirely with archival materials so its fresh vibrant colors won’t fade or decay; a piece to treasure your whole life.
- The piece comes framed and wired, ready to hang.
- Mixed media: wood, found objects, acrylic paint
36" wide x 36" high
FLAT RATE SHIPPING $430 (at checkout, choose Large Art Flat Rate option)